Call For Papers: The Postanarchism Reader

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Wed Jul 23 17:53:49 CEST 2003

"J.M. Adams" <ringfingers at yahoo.com>

***PLEASE FORWARD TO POTENTIALLY INTERESTED PARTIES***

Call For Papers:

"The Postanarchism Reader: Writings at the Intersection of Anarchism and
Poststructuralism"

edited by Jason Adams

Deadline for Paper Proposals: November 2003

This callout is for a book proposal that I am putting together for a publisher
in NYC on the intersections  between poststructuralism and anarchism; the
proposal is for it to be a sort of anthology of writings by  various radical
theorists who have looked at this issue either directly in terms of
articulating or  critiquing the idea of a "poststructuralist anarchism" (Todd
May, Saul Newman, Lewis Call, etc.) or by using  both poststructuralist and
anarchist theorists together in the same essay in a way that might be thought
of  as a "postructuralist anarchist critique" of some aspect of politics,
history, society or culture.
So far I have secured contributions from Saul Newman, Jesse Cohn, Shawn
Wilbur, Ian Angus and Ashanti Alston  amongst others - if you or someone you
know would be interested in contributing an essay for this, please  contact:
Jason Adams at ringfingers at yahoo.com
>From the information I have at this point it seems that this proposal will be
put in the "serious  consideration" pile as soon as it is received. So what I
need right now is an idea of who would be  interested, what they would write
about and what title they might tentatively give to the essay they would
contribute. For further information either email me at the contact listed
above or visit the postanarchism  listserv and homepage which is linked at
http://www.spooncollective.org

Thanks,

Jason Adams
Vancouver BC

=====
"The world is the natural setting of and field for all my thoughts and all my
explicit perceptions. Truth  does not 'inhabit' only 'the inner man' or more
accurately, there is no inner man, man is in the world and  only in the world
does he know himself."
Merleau-Ponty, Phenomenology of Perception, 1945

- --
sig/
http://www.infoshop.org
http://www.reclaimthestreets.org