REALTOKYO MM Vol. 138

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Jul 18 08:15:58 CEST 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____7_18_2003_Fri_vol.138_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo
Vol. 67: IMA Takes A New Line

(2) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Baba Masataka ("A") Vol. 013

(3) Tokyo Initiator's Diary
Maeda Keizo (producer (Conversation) Vol. 001

(4) Event Pick of the Week
The 25th Pia Film Festival

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 54 events
including 8 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 67: IMA Takes A New Line
by Ozaki Tetsuya

On a day in late June, I received a package containing several
T-shirts from So-net. Printed on the shirts were images of Tsuzuki
Kyoichi's "Universe for Rent," Otake Shinro's "Dub-hei Ochiai
General Store," Kyupi Kyupi's "Personal Attack" and others.
"Oh, great, they finally came" I thought. I'm a registered member
of the So-net-operated IMA (Internet Museum of Art), and T-shirts
of artworks exhibited there are part of the monthly service I get
in addition to free access to the museum. For a moment I wondered
why they sent them now all at once, just when a piece of paper
slipped out of the box, reading "please notice that IMA closes
down on 7/31." Oh no! It hasn't been much more than a year and a
half since IMA opened, and now this!

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki67.htm

(2) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Baba Masataka ("A") Vol. 013

I'm in Mito. Art Tower Mito's curator Mori Tsukasa participated
in the "Tokyo East End Tour" in June, where he told me about his
team's plans to start a project in the streets of Mito with the
museum as its platform. A few days later I received an invitation
by email from Mori, and that's why I'm here now.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0037-henshucho.htm

(3) Tokyo Initiator's Diary

Maeda Keizo (producer, Conversation) Vol. 001

Greetings, on my first article for REALTOKYO. Editor-in-chief
Ozaki told me to write anything I'd like (perhaps not literally),
so I will do just that. I am not a professional writer, I merely
create vehicles and opportunities for people to share the fun with
those who are serious about making it -- musicians, dancers,
directors, and so on. You might call me a producer, in short, what
I do is to create relationships between people.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/shikakenin/maeda-001.htm

(4) Event Pick of the Week

The 25th Pia Film Festival

Morita Yoshimitsu, Ishii Sogo, Kurosawa Kiyoshi, Shiota Akihiko,
Tsukamoto Shinya... The PFF, which has introduced these and
other carrying pillars of contemporary Japanese film, is held
for the 25th time. Reflected over the years since the festival's
birth in 1977 are not only thematic transitions, but also
significant technical changes such as the progress from 8mm film
to digital video, and others. However, highlight this year is a
block of 3 programmes that are presented as "the first steps on
the road to fame in Korean cinema." Shown are a total of 19 early
works by now popular Korean film directors, and such an occasion
to see with what kinds of movies they started their cinematic
careers is surely a must-see for fans of Korean film.
PFF -- what a fantastic festival!
--Maru

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?1,2536

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Initiator's Diary

- Presents

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO