A 'Look' for Our 50th Anniversary

Sabine Niewalda niewalda at kurzfilmtage.de
Wed Jul 16 15:03:42 CEST 2003

50th International Short Film Festival Oberhausen, April 29th to May 4th, 2004

BOROS DESIGNS VISUALS FOR OBERHAUSEN’S 50TH ANNIVERSARY

An 'unfinished‘ look to mark an anniversary that is not a closing point

The International Short Film Festival Oberhausen has again commissioned
German agency BOROS, as in the two previous years, to design the visuals
for its 50th anniversary festival in 2004. The agency is using a technique
that is astonishingly effective in our digitised age: the collage.
Different collages will be designed for the different means of
communication  by hand, without using computers. ”It is impossible to find
a valid general key visual for a festival that shows works of such
diversity. Just like the Festival, which combines individual works to
create new experiences, we combine individual elements into new units that
keep changing. Above all, we wanted to visualise a laboratory situation
marked by curiosity, by trying out things, by experiments”, says agency
director Christian Boros.

“It is not our intention to simply celebrate the past at our 50th
anniversary. To us, short film is the field where we look for what is new,
where discussions and conflicts are going on that point the way towards the
future”, comments festival director Lars Henrik Gass. “In our opinion, the
unfinished look of the design communicates exactly this message: Our
Festival will never be ‘complete’. Even a 50th anniversary is not so much a
closing point as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of the
Oberhausen Festival”.

A look at the poster? Click here:
http://www.kurzfilmtage.de/ikf/pages/festival/index.php?lang_id=2

For a download of the image file in print quality, go to:
http://www.kurzfilmtage.de/ikf/pages/festival/index.php?id=159&lang_id=2

Oberhausen, July 16th, 2003

Press contact:
Sabine Niewalda, niewalda at kurzfilmtage.de, T 0208 825-3073

Pressebüro | Press Office
Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen
International Short Film Festival Oberhausen

Grillostr. 34 | 46045 Oberhausen | Germany
Tel +49 (0)208 825-3073 | Fax 825-5413
www.kurzfilmtage.de