[syndicate] Re: Re: Rohr ,puorg siht morf ebircsbusnu oT @ebircsbusnu-epocsodielKekacpuC -- tsil gniliam tsoprhor ed.netsilorkim at tsoprhor b-igc/ed.eciffonepo.tsop//:ptth tsoprhor/

Ole Kristensen ole at kristensen.name
Fri Jul 11 14:33:21 CEST 2003

From: anna balint [mailto:epistolaris at freemail.hu]
Sent: 11. juli 2003 11:50
To: syndicate at anart.no
Subject: [syndicate] Re: Re: Rohr ,puorg siht morf ebircsbusnu oT
@ebircsbusnu-epocsodielKekacpuC -- tsil gniliam tsoprhor
ed.netsilorkim at tsoprhor b-igc/ed.eciffonepo.tsop//:ptth tsoprhor/ ul

So this was it... a short visit of Jodi at our small list.
For those who are new at syndicate:
these visit are somehow regular  ("too rare" -  fans would say),
and they last usually a day or two. The Jodis - an artist couple formed
in the
mid-nineteens - are pioneers of net.art, if one recalls those early
years
fading away in an irrevocable past, they have been on scene since always
and
everywhere.
Some four subscribers left the list, that is also something we got used
to:
when Jodi comes, or nn is in an expansive mood, subscribers bump. We
regret
that, but this is how syndicate is: we are happy to be open for such
experiments.
These mails - that belong in fact to the desk of Frederic Madre, because
he
knows a lot about spam art (and more...) -,  stir up the grammar of the
mailing
list and by subverting the surface of the communication agreement and
it's
standard form, they point to the impact of the interfaces on the viewer,
on the
ephemerality and fragility of data.

look up also: http://404.jodi.org

Jodi has been on display recently in Switerzland, Germany and New York,
and their catalogue is also out. (There are quite a lot of collective
prints,
but it is very rare by the way, that a single net.art group has its own
catalogue). Does anyone know where i can find or at least consult this
book?

greetings,
Anna