London Riot Re-enactment Society

furtherfield info at furtherfield.org
Fri Jan 31 18:06:35 CET 2003

      London Riot Re-enactment Society

      Join the London Riot Re-enactment Society now!
      just send an email to join

      The London Riot Re-enactment Society will stage re-enactments of noted
riots from London's history, with some attempt at historical accuracy. You
are no doubt aware of the widespread popularity of historical re-enactment
societies, you may also be aware of moves to re-enact more recent events in
history. The London Riot Re-enactment Society was inspired by the idea that
we can re-enact not the distant past, but events that we remember and may
actually have taken part in. We have chosen define our re-enactment society
not by choosing a period of time, but by choosing a theme. We will tap
London's rich history of rioting, and make these riots live again, in our
re-enactments.
      If you read a bit about the Gordon Riots or Wat Tyler's peasant revolt
you will see that the re-enactment of these riots will take vast numbers,
and a lot of planning or luck, so we may start with a smaller, more recent
riot, such as the Poll Tax riot. But don't worry, the numbers will grow, so
far 100% of Londoners who have heard about the LRRS have expressed an
interest in joining.

http://c8.com/anathematician/lrrs.htm