[syndicate]

April Mo(u)rning aprildawnfalldusk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 04:12:19 CET 2003

thx for the lovely images. i was impudent. i am sorry. i got
distracted. i am exhausted.

i just told someone that i loved them.
i am a coward.
i left the words on a message machine.
stupid fool!
idiot!
now i am frightened
now i am sitting by the phone waiting to be destroyed
maybe i should unplug it
change my name
run away to alaska
i dont' need a response
i just wanted to say it and mean it for once

Kinski Uncut: The Autobiography of Klaus Kinski by Klaus Kinski

If this is ever made into a movie, only an exploding head would need to
be added to dominate discussion on alt.cult-movies till the end of
time. Kinski describes a life lived in full, classic, insane artistic
genius fashion. He checks into an insane asylum ("The stench is
indescribable. This is hell! True hell!"), insults noted directors
("Herzog's total ignorance, narrowmindedness, arrogance and
inconsideration"), harangues about his art ("What they teach in these
acting schools is incredible, hair- raising crap.") and sleeps with
thousands, if not tens of thousands, of women ("I need love! Love!
Nonstop! And I want to give love because I have so much of it. No one
understands the sole purpose of my whoring is to spend myself
totally!"). Kinski holds nothing back. Although the main feature is
Kinski's satyromania ("Salesgirls. Waitresses. Chambermaids. Married
women. Mothers." and so on), his inner torment, his struggle between
peace and chaos, makes him a much more human figure than you would
expect. Although at 300 pages, this is a bit exhausting, it is still
gripping.

Penguin, 1996
325 pages
ISBN 0-670-86744-6 (hardcover), ISBN 0-14-025536-2 (paperback)