REALTOKYO MM Vol. 113

Andreas andreas at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Jan 24 01:51:31 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____1_24_2003_Fri_vol.113___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Baba Masataka ("A" magazine) vol. 008

(2) Tokyo no Shikakenintachi
Vol. 011: Rai Mitsuhiro

(3) Event Pick of the Week
12K/LINE Japan Tour

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 49 events
including 9 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Baba Masataka ("A" magazine) vol. 008

I'm recently interested in Nihombashi. I'm even considering to
move my office there. Today I'm checking out a possible location,
in an incredibly empty and deserted neighborhood. Not a single
shop is open here, they've all put their shutters up. Nobody walking
in the street. Leave this area alone and in a couple of weeks it's
probably dead forever. Nevertheless, this doesn't change the fact
that I'm extremely interested in this place. There's a mushroom of
small office buildings here, and these are all vacant without exception.
I think it would be interesting to convert them into living spaces.
To set up an office here might be a little inconvenient, but, hey, we're
right in the centre of town here, with Tokyo station just around the
corner and a whole bunch of subway stations around! In less than 20
minutes one can reach Shibuya or Shinjuku!

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0024-henshucho.htm

(2) Tokyo no Shikakenintachi

Vol. 011: Rai Mitsuhiro
(interviewer: RT editor Ozaki Tetsuya)

The eleventh guest in our column introducing creative Tokyo heads
is Rai Mitsuhiro, founder of the "Cinema Rise" mini theatre in
Shibuya that has earned film fans' trust and acknowledgement with
selected programs of superb movies. In a conversation with Rai we
learned that not only in the film world, but also in the field of
art he is a true connoisseur...

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/interview/rai01.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

12K/LINE Japan Tour

As label founder, musician and designer, Taylor Deupree has been
playing a central role in the US techno scnene. After working
with numerous projects such as Human Mesh Dance or SETI, he has
settled down in the creation of microscopic, repetitive sound
sculpturing, which has earned his 12K and sub-label LINE a
reputation as leading minimal techno force next to the likes of
Berlin's Rastermusik. On this Japan tour Deupree brings along
Richard Chartier, who has been astonishing both music and art
worlds with a style close to John Cage's "4'33," and Sogar, who
has recently released an album on the new French label "List."
Joining from Japan are Nibo and Fonica, and they make it worth
to attend this supposedly rather quiet 'gallery-style' event
right from the start.
--Andreas

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,1410

Also, a talk session/presentation with the 12K/LINE artists takes
place on 1/26 at Sputnik Pad:
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,1421

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Out of Tokyo

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO