REALTOKYO MM Vol. 112

Andreas andreas at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Jan 17 01:05:54 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____1_17_2003_Fri_vol.112___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo
Vol. 54: Nostalgia for the Class Society?

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Danshi wa damattenasai yo!: Danshi wa damattenasai yo! 2

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 44 events
including 13 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 54: Nostalgia for the Class Society?
by Ozaki Tetsuya

At the end of last year I went to see Robert Altman's "Gosford Park."
As Oh Shomei pointed out in his article on our Cinema Picks page,
it's a brilliant movie stuffed with rogues. The film is set in the
England of the early 1930s, where an aristocrat and his subordinates
gather at a country house. Due to the numerous characters and the
complicated relations among them one first doesn't comprehend what's
going on, but by the middle of the film every viewer will have got
the intricate story. Then, suddenly, a murder provides another riddle
to solve. After "A Wedding" and "Pret-a-Porter," the maestro has come
up with another pleasant work.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki54.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Danshi wa damattenasai yo!: Danshi wa damattenasai yo! 2

This unit's name, translated "Boys Shut Up!," is indeed a stupid
but effective one. Playwright and director Hosokawa Toru is a
young theatre wizard who has been working also on the "Atarashii
tan'i" TV program introducing serious suggestions for totally
useless new units of measurement. Again, as an actor the staggering
pale dude is irresistible. Following part one that potrayed half
the life of Toru, the second volume of "Danshi..." is dedicated to
"Toru's New Year." Not only for boys but especially for all theatre
lovers in their 30s it's in fact difficult to be quiet once the
show begins! Appearing on stage this time is also illustrator
Sotome Keiko.
--Kanikoji Kinuko

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?3,701

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Tokyo no Shikakenintachi (interview)

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO