'Anyone for tennis'

furtherfield info at furtherfield.org
Wed Jan 15 16:47:40 CET 2003

We welcome all contributions to Day In Day Out,
a collective global diary.

January 2003
"...I've been inundated with emails from people who say that sports and
politics don't mix and that if the World Cup matches are played here
there will be massive protests and civil disobedience. But let's face
the facts, if you can be put into prison for tying a poster on a tree or
kicked in the head for doing a U turn near State House then I wonder
just how many of us will dare get involved in protests and
demonstrations. For three years I've been writing this weekly letter
about conditions in Zimbabwe. I thank you for reading them and for
helping me expose the horrific truths..."

'Anyone for tennis' by Cathy Buckle
Regular contributor to Day In Day Out, a collective global diary
http://www.dido.uk.net/cbuckle/index.shtml

http://www.dido.uk.net

Day In Day Out is a furtherfield.org project
http://www.furtherfield.org