<cronica> mail 001

crónica editor at cronicaelectronica.org
Thu Jan 9 02:47:14 CET 2003

<cronica> news list
- - - - - - - - - -

| CRÓNICA MAIL 001                                  |
| 09.01.2003                                        |
| http://www.cronicaelectronica.org/                |

01 - crónica is back, leaving some atoms behind
02 - new release - @c: crónica 001~2003
03 - new release - pedro tudela: crónica 002~2003
04 - live @
05 - near future
06 - our "a" records
07 - disclaimer

| CRÓNICA IS BACK                                   |

So... Let's get physical, physical!

We thereby announce that the legendary CRÓNICA team is now in the business of physical objects and commodities [the CRÓNICA all purpose soap bar is now beta testing]... we are going for the offices in high places baby...

So, after a session of blamestorming and an injection of suits and nitrate (they usually come in sets) we decided to sell stuff, good stuff actually, leave some atoms behind, for kids, you know... (the tree, the book and everything).

Hey! Wait, we're still in the big bit business, but come on! If you have to throw some money out of the window, you better do it in an elegant fashion... Relax, we're talking about our money here, and this is as plain as it gets, it's our money, it's our media label and ethics, yes that too! We can afford it, are we rich bastards? Not really, rather believers.

We want to believe that everything that'll come out of our dream factory CRÓNICA will relate to your exquisite aesthetic needs, and maybe the goods will behave in a sustainable manner, edition through edition, and maybe, just maybe, they'll make honor to your time and money as they made to ours in the first place.

Exiting the Zen marketer discourse, do not mistake us with the salvation army either... We buy stuff as everybody else, with money we mean.

The CRÓNICA as MEDIA LABEL (read, CRÓNICA media la belle, CRÓNICA for short) is thereby... Available and single, she's a good girl, Scorpio, intelligent, elegant, romantic and armed to the teeth.

As said a long ago, she's...
//Built with the care of highly respectable people and featuring work from rather interesting human beings and machines, it purposes itself as a space of inventiveness, wisdom and knowledge, but without...

Pop ups, rock ups and killer apps (well, maybe one or two)!!!

| new release:                                      |
| @C: HARD DISK                                     |
| CRÓNICA 001~2003                                  |
| 7 songs, 59.6 minutes, 602.5 MB                   |
| 1 video, 04 minutes 47 seconds, 50.4 MB           |

It is hard to point the start of these tracks, although we know when and where they were recorded, Aveiro, Vienna, Lisbon... but where did they really start?
>From our memories, they come from Porto, Berlin, wherever we performed, in public or not... With Alex, with Vitor and João... Always with Lia and her inspiring images!
What we cannot say is that they are full improvisations. Although the composition is not prepared or scored, although there?s no rehearsal, the compositions grow with us. They are born at any given moment and then they develop their own history that we freeze here, at a given moment that is not however it?s end.

 -----

01:
02:
03:
04:
05:
06:
07: @c+FFT (Vitor Joaquim + João Hora)
08: @c+Lia: Hard Video/GSIL XIX [data track/quicktime]

recorded in Aveiro, Lisbon & Vienna in 2002
edited by @c in the Hard Disk
mastered by Alex FX

| new release:                                      |
| PEDRO TUDELA: LÀ OÙ JE DORS                       |
| CRÓNICA 002~2003                                  |
| 13 songs, 59.9 minutes, 605.9 MB                  |
| 1 video, 03 minutes 40 seconds, 53.5 MB           |

Là Où Je Dors is a space of dreams. Built from the memory of dreams, from the physical hints and the universe of sensations from those privileged nightly moments.
A creation for eight performers, on a white and uncluttered space. A sort of a transformation game, of persistent and endless repetition.
(Isabel Barros)

Là Où Je Dors, title taken from a sentence of the text "L'Espace Littéraire" by Maurice Blanchot

 -----

01: Dream Seller
     01.1: Pursuit Bride
     01.2: Forest
     01.3: Sin
02: Carrousel
03: Walker 1
     03.1: Forest
04: Airport
05: Desert
06: Dance of the Giant or Maybe Alice
     06.1: Walker 2
     06.2: Insane Asylum
07: Skying
     07.1: Man That Cannot Touch Woman
08: Rope Scene
09: Figures That Fall Apart
10: Figures That Fall Apart 2
11: Mermaids
     11.1: Couple Fencing
12: Scarecrow
     12.1: Forest
13: Playing
     13.1: Bed of Clouds
     13.2: Delirium With Doll
     13.3: Waking Up
14: Là Où Je Dors [data track/quicktime]

original soundtrack for the contemporary dance piece "Là Où Je Dors" by Isabel Barros
recorded in Porto in 2002
mastered by Alex FX

| LIVE @                                            |
| dates confirmed for the near future.              |

@c + lia (live)
     ESTGAD, Caldas da Raínha, Portugal
     16.01.2003

Pedro Tudela (live)
Pedro Tudela + M Carvalhais (DJ)
Return (live visuals)
     Aniki-Bóbó, Porto, Portugal
     31.01.2003 (crónica release event)

| NEAR FUTURE @                                     |
| what we plan, and maybe also when...              |

Next releases in line will include Longina, Lap-top music or the binomial "Science Artist"... more news soon...

| OUR FAVORITE "A" RECORDS                          |
| in alphabetical order                             |

a - pan sonic
aaltopiiri - pan sonic
abc of anarchism - negativland / chumbawamba
above black - seti
a choir of empty beds - b. fleischmann
adria/blind - brinkmann/scanner
adult themes for voice - mike patton
advance - lfo
aero deko - oval
after love - close music
afternoon tea - ambarchi / fennesz / pimmon / rehberg / rowe
agit itter it - mouse on mars
air 2 - pete namlook
airflow - kandis
aleamapper - richard devine
alice - tom waits
alina - arvo pärt
a livingroom hush - jaga jazzist
alltag - all
almost never - biota
a love supreme - john coltrane
ambient 4, on land - brian eno
american supreme - suicide
amore motore (autobahn) - potuznik
angst - church of carbon
anima - vladislav delay
anken - fs blumm
a noise, a sound - musci / venosta
answering machine music - casiotone for the painful
antiphony - vv aa
anti - t. raumschmiere
arg - arg
artifakts (bc) - plastikman
ascenseur pour l'echafaud - miles davis
as is - holger hiller
a sucked orange - nurse with wound
asuma - ilpo väisänen
at bambij robot's - nova huta
a thousand lights in a darkened room - the black light district
atom heart's mother - pink floyd
attitude - vvaa tigerbeat6
augenwishchwald - schlammpeitziger
autobahn - kraftwerk

| DISCLAIMER @                                      |
| always in the end!                                |

this mail is NOT SPAM. it was either sent to you because you subscribed to receive it or, due to unexplainable phenomena your address ended up being added to this list. if it stays here, mail will be sent to you every now and then, updating news and interesting information about Crónica and www.cronicaelectronica.org