fw: job vacancies / West Yorkshire

claudia westermann media at ezaic.de
Sun Jan 19 12:18:10 CET 2003

DRU {2} / 18.01.03 /
http://www.druh.co.uk
Apologies for cross-posting.
JOB VACANCIES AT THE MEDIA CENTRE
Developing the Creative Industries in Yorkshire

Located in Huddersfield, just 25 minutes from
Leeds and Manchester, The Media Centre has grown
steadily over the last seven years and has
established a strong regional and national
reputation. We aim to build a thriving community
of digital, media and creative enterprises.

Operations Manager
c. £25,000 [Depending on experience]

We require an experienced manager to take
responsibility for buildings and systems
infrastructure and to develop customer and
visitor services at our sites. You will be
responsible for managing 10 staff members and
office accommodation for 80 media and creative
enterprises amounting to 270 people working in
our three buildings in Huddersfield.  As one of
the leading service providers to the Creative
Industries in the North of England, we require a
commercially astute manager with the vision and
skills to  help support creative enterprises and
to enable our Company to become one of the most
dynamic social enterprises in the UK.

Creative Programme Co-ordinator
[Digital and Interactive Media Art]
c. £18,000 [Depending on experience]

Due to the continued expansion of The Media
Centreís ambitious creative programme we wish to
recruit a co-ordinator to work closely with the
Creative Director. This will involve helping to
consolidate the development of the Digital
Research Unit, Medialounge and the Ultrasound
Festival. Responsibilities include administration,
budget and database management and project
co-ordination. You will work closely with
regional, national and international artists,
researchers and academics to support the
development and dissemination of projects through
public presentation, exhibition, online and
traditional publishing methods.

FURTHER INFORMATION
To receive an information pack, or to find out
more contact The Media Centre on:

0870 990 5000

or e-mail your contact details to:

info at the-media-centre.co.uk

Please specify which job you are interested in.
Closing date for applications is:

12th February 2003.

http://www.the-media-centre.co.uk
http://www.druh.co.uk
http://www.druh.co.uk/medialounge
http://www.ultrasound.ws

The Media Centre
7 Northumberland Street
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
HD1 1RL
We are committed to equality of opportunity in
our recruitment policy as well as our service
delivery and welcome applications from all
sectors of the community.
The Digital Research Unit {DRU} is a research and
production facility based at The Media Centre,
Huddersfield. DRU is a partnership between
The Media Centre and the University of
Huddersfield.
contact: info at druh.co.uk