[syndicate] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: Re: One Day Left

claudia westermann media at ezaic.de
Sat Jan 18 00:43:05 CET 2003

>At 9:32 AM -0500 1/15/03, Mark Tribe wrote:
>

>>this isn't about profit. it is about survival. rhizome is a
>>nonprofit organization. nobody is getting rich.
>
>'survival' & 'rich' are relative terms.
>
>you paid yourself $47,260 in 2000
>
>alex galloway was paid $36,692 - and he is listed as a part-time employee.
>
>http://rhizome.org/info/Rhizome_2000_990.pdf

oh here it is ;) .. thank you ... it's very interesting.

was wondering about something like this some time ago ..
http://anart.no/sympa/arc/syndicate/2001-12/msg00206.html

was forwarded to rhizome as well ( kind of )
http://anart.no/sympa/arc/syndicate/2001-12/msg00211.html

>i could live more than comfortably off of your salary, mark.
>

>>that said, you may be right about our policy. maybe we *should*
>>offer free memberships to those whose work is included in the
>>artbase, in digest, etc.
>
>sorry - you *need* to offer much more than that.
>
>everyone who is actively producing the very material whereby you pay
>yourself $47,260 a year needs to be receiving a share of the wealth.

hm .. I guess he would not like to do 'survival' training, which
would start for him probably at $47,000 a year.

claudia