REALTOKYO MM Vol. 117

Andreas andreas at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Feb 21 02:39:23 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____2_21_2003_Fri_vol.117___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

Now online:

       "WASP (War As Sales Promotion)" ADVERTISEMENT PROJECT

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/war01.htm

                                       Please send us your entries!

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks
Unrehearsed Beauty

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Yoshitake Shinsuke Exhibition

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 54 events
including 12 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

Unrehearsed Beauty
by Yanaihara Mitsushi

In November 2002 I visited Canada for the forst time in eight
years. As always, it was cold and dry, and it was snowing. The
temperature in Montreal was around the freezing point, and while
taking a stroll in the city I started thinking seriously about
reasons why Canadian culture tends to hide behind American, and
about what kind of influence the two national languages, English
and French may have on people's lifestyles. But I immediately
gave up.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0076-yanaihara.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Yoshitake Shinsuke Exhibition

Yoshitake Shinsuke's cute illustrations with their funny, simple
lines are exquisite little pieces of art that make us smile and
escape from reality for a moment. A selection of his works is now
shown at a solo exhibition. At last year's REALTOKYO MARKET the
strong demand for his book made this the event's unrivaled top-seller,
and we even had to ask him to bring more. Next to seeing a selection
of Yoshitake's previous illustrations, this event is also an occasion
to check out and purchase a new book with his works that was just
published. On 2/19, by the way, it's "Thanks-OL Day," and all 'office
ladies' (=working women) will receive a special present!
--Murata Yuko

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?4,1287

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Out of Tokyo

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO