[Crónica] mail 004_test!

Cronica list at cronicaelectronica.org
Wed Feb 19 19:04:13 CET 2003

| CRÓNICA MAIL 004                                  |
| 19.02.2003                                        |
| http://www.cronicaelectronica.org/                |

01 - sonic
02 - AUDiO!MAGE UN!T 1
03 - near future

| SONIC                                             |
| amsterdam paradiso                                |

@c + Lia are performing in Paradiso, Amsterdam during the Sonic Light 2003 festival. "E.V.A./G.S.N.I.L." by Lia, commissioned for one of the festival programs, will also be shown over the week.

---

Sonic Light 2003 will be a three-day festival consisting of four parts: a conference, three evenings with a program of music and light, light manifestations in public spaces and a series of film and video screenings in the week leading up to the festival. The conference will include both contemporary subjects in the form of a number of artists' presentations, and demonstrations of machines, software and new light sources, as well as lectures in which the historic and philosophical background to light-art will be discussed. Speakers will be invited from fields as diverse as media art, video, film, visual art, light shows, art history, the history of science, physics, architecture theory and philosophy. The conference will be a public event and will be summarized afterwards in a book with DVD.

The evening program will take place in an environment specially designed for Sonic Light and which will take advantage of the possibilities created by the extensive renovations of the Paradiso during this period. The aim is to construct a light box within the space of the Paradiso, a box without stage in which all the walls, floor and ceiling will serve as screens for projection or back-projection. In terms of sound too, it will be a space without a front, in which special care will also be taken to explore the height of the auditorium to create a spatial sound experience. The light box will provide the framework for a continuous program consisting of numerous short 'sets' performed by changing constellations of sound artists, visual musicians and light artists. The color and pitch-sequence of the spectrum will serve as a guideline for the overall structure of the images and sounds over the course of the evening.

It's already on the 21-23 of February.

http://www.paradiso.nl
http://www.sonicacts.com

| AUDiO!MAGE                                        |
| UN!T 1                                            |

CRÓNICA -lab presents AUDiO!MAGE UN!T 1, featuring work developed by Communication Design students @ FBAUP. This short selection of work stresses on the inter-connection of audiovisual data, its overlap and the emergence of audiovisual meaning. With a strong focus on experimentation, this work places the designer at the intermedia of the aural and visuality, it tries to [re]establish a lost equilibrium between the senses in a culture that lost its ability to listen.
Hope you enjoy UN!T 1, UN!T 2 and more FBAUP student projects coming soon.

UN!T 1 features work from: Eduardo Barbosa, Isabel Arouca, Pedro Loureiro and Vishal Dilipkoomar.

| NEAR FUTURE @                                     |
| what we plan, and maybe also when...              |

in April: Crónica 003-2003 presents "!Siam Acnun" - black tracks - by Longina. Internal artwork by Montse Rego, videos by Flexo Performers and Horacio G. (ifi team).

in April: Crónica 004~2003 presents "La Strada is on Fire (And We Are All Naked)" by Vitor Joaquim, with performances by Martin Archer, Rodrigo Amado, Victor Coimbra, Mariana F, Chris Bywater and Charlie Collins.

in June: Crónica 005~2003 presents "On Paper", more news soon...

| DISCLAIMER @                                      |
| always in the end!                                |

this mail is NOT SPAM. it was either sent to you because you subscribed to receive it or, due to unexplainable phenomena your address ended up being added to this list. if it stays here, mail will be sent to you every now and then, updating news and interesting information about Crónica and www.cronicaelectronica.org

| http://www.cronicaelectronica.org                 |