REALTOKYO MM Vol. 116

Andreas andreas at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Feb 14 03:21:08 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____2_14_2003_Fri_vol.116___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

REALTOKYO announces the

      "WASP (War As Sales Promotion)" ADVERTISEMENT PROJECT

Dear reader,

I would like to announce the launch of "WASP," a project discussing
matters of war simultaneously on several different sites that are
loosely connected through links on each of the participating sites
to all the others. There's no such exaggerated action as, for example,
issuing common statements. Again, it's a platform to 'discuss,' and
not necessarily to 'oppose' war. In the extreme case it would be
alright even if people who advocate war joined the discussion. I
believe that, what people need to do now is gather information and
arguments both pro and contra, THINK carefully, and put together
their own pictures.

For REALTOKYO's part of the project, I want to ask you, the RT reader
and professional or amateur visual creator, to send us self-made
'advertisements' promoting individual weapons, war advocating persons,
etc. Aim of this project is to hint at the importance the capitalist
society of the present is attaching to war and arms, and for this
purpose we will exhibit a selection of works sent to us.

What we want to do is bring to light one of the hidden interests of war.
I'm counting on your participation.

Ozaki Tetsuya
Editor-in-chief
REALTOKYO

for more details see "Out of Tokyo" below or jump directly to
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki56.htm

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo
Vol. 56: WASP

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Namaiki: smell the flowers

(3) Presents
Flatic CDs

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 50 events
including 12 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 56: WASP
by Ozaki Tetsuya

We all know about the hair-trigger situation Iraq and the United
States (+allied nations) are in. A look at similar cases of the
past shows that people in this Far Eastern island state are virtually
unconcerned and don't feel much connection to such topics, which
is probably due to the fact that reports in the Japanese mass media
tend to be shamefully poor right down the line. On February 15th,
a number of anti-war demonstrations are scheduled to be held
simultaneously at places around the world. Especially in England,
a country that is perfectly split into a chauvinist half (the Blair
administration) and one that generally opposes war (the public),
some predict the event(s) in London might escalate to a major uproar.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki56.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Namaiki: smell the flowers

The expression of their unique pop sense in collaborations with
creators from all kinds of genres has made design unit Namaiki
one of the most famous names of the business here in Japan. On
display at this exhitbition are a number Namaiki's trademark
kitschy objects made of plastic, and among the cute little pink,
white or blue items you'll spot here and there some really strange
things... Asking Namaiki member David where they picked up such
weird objects, he explains that thet were all remnants from previous
exhibitions. Add to this funny display video screenings and live
performances, and you have a great little party going on at Super
Deluxe.
--Oz

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?6,272

(3) Presents

Today is the last chance to apply for one of the three copies of
Flatic's first album "Nano/Youth" (Plop).

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo, 4 Weeks

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO