demonstration and dance-party against the war to be livecast from Amsterdam

Gerbrand Oudenaarden gerbrand at oudenaarden.nl
Wed Feb 12 16:10:52 CET 2003

Hi,

This Saturday, demonstrations against the upcoming war will take place
worldwide. In Amsterdam, a demonstration starts at 13h local time, with a
'dance for the peace' event afterwards in Paradiso.

We are setting up a live broadband videostream from Paradiso from 16h00
until midnight, with live concerts and speeches from the dance event (two
halls), interviews, demonstration images and anti-war video art and vj
performances. Live images from Paradiso are created using 4
remote-controlled camera's.

On-demand broadband video items will become available from around 16h00.

Engage! Tactical Media is coordinating this zero-budget operation of around
8 reporters, 4 video editors, and a webmaster. Paradiso, Freeteam,
Fabchannel, De Balie, Bellissima, NOB, XS4ALL all provide facilities
(knowingly or not).

The live stream and on-demand items will be available on
http://www.wereldcrisis.nl, a website coordinating dutch peace actions,
created by Engage! for the dutch Platform against the 'New War'.

GlobalTV will include the stream in their live satellite programme. We'll
somehow link up with the live stream from Berlin, and Amsterdam free radio
De Vrije Keyser will broadcast the audio from the stream on 96.3FM in and
around Amsterdam.

http://www.wereldcrisis.nl - website against the 'new war' (mostly in dutch)

live stream:
Sat Feb 15, 16.00-0.00h amsterdam time (win-media 9 mbr up to 500 kbps)

Peace,

Gerbrand
(Amsterdam N5M4 Producer)

--