soundtoys/.calls 2003

y-s y-s at aliasfrequencies.org
Sun Feb 9 00:26:42 CET 2003

SOUNDTOYS.  2003

www.soundtoys.net

We are looking for contributions of audio visual interactive  works,
net  art,  interface design, application software, generative music, 3d
environments and a submission of papers online. Works may  take the form of
generative arts, digital audio and multiple user environments.
They  could  be described as  "new audio visual experiences", or an
experiential audio visual synthesis which explore  the parameters
of  our  new media world. This  work  is  for  a Soundtoys site update and
for  selected  exhibitions.

The Soundtoys site aims to provide a platform for the very best in
audio-visual  net artworks to be presented and debated. If you feel that
your work will make a valuable contribution to our collective,
then  please  send  it in. By  partaking  you will be fostering the growth
of the  soundtoys  community and gaining respect and recognition for what
you do.

Soundtoys  has  been featured   at Sonar,  on  Sonify,  in  the
Independent,  and  on  English TV. Soundtoys  has  also  been  exhibited
at   international festivals  including  den  Hague  film  festival  in
Holland, and Zeppelin in  Barcelona.  It was  also included at the Garage
festival in Germany. Soundtoys also organized its own exhibitions which the
last was at the ICA in London from June to July 2002. The
exhibition  called  Convergence  featured  over  100  artists across the
globe.

We  are seeking  new  work  for the  2003 series  of  events  and  for the
website.

1.  New  online  audio  visual  experiences

Works  for  the Soundtoys Web portal. Send  in  your  latest  "new audio
visual experience". We are interested in the use of all internet friendly
programming technologies eg shockwave, flash, vrml, java etc.

2.  Installations.

If  you make  interactive  installations
send  in  400  words  about  the  work and four images of  the  work.
We  are  interested  in  responsive  environments, soundspaces, the
city  as  sound.

3. Software artists and Musicians software.

This  year  we  are particularly interested  in artists groups/sole artists
who generate digital audio-visuals through max/msp and pd. This will be
included in a new area, as an expose of new  developments  by emerging or
established software  artists.  If  you make patches  or stand alone
applications we would like to hear from you. In addition, if  you write
unique and innovative audio visual applications using any language, we
would like you to send it in.

4.  Journal.

If  you  write  about  new  media,  digital arts
and  have  something  to  say , and would like  to be  in included in  the
Soundtoys journal, please send  us  a  finished  text.  We  welcome texts,
papers or articles related to this medium, for posting in the journal, to
help inform  and develop the critical debate. Through artists'
contributions we aim to explore the parameters of this new media world, and
to  push  the  current  definitions  of new  and  online interactive  music
and visually inspired audio visual systems. Works  will
be  included  in  the soundtoys  project  and  may  also be  included  in
our upcoming book.

Application form online.

DEADLINE MARCH 15 2003

SOUNDTOYS.NET