CALL FOR INFORMATION - Electrohype Atlas Project

Lars Gustav Midboe lars.midboe at electrohype.org
Fri Feb 7 17:42:35 CET 2003

Atlas of Nordic computer based and high technological art
- with European and International references.

CALL FOR INFORMATION

A Nordic survey on computer based and high technological art.

Electrohype has received funding to perform a Nordic survey on
artists, institutions and other resources in the field of computer
based and high technological art. The project will also include some
European, outside the Nordic countries, and overseas elements that
are important to the development of this art genre in the Nordic
countries.

The goal of the project is to compile a guide for those who want to
learn more about new art made with new technology and help people
working in this field to get a better overview of other resources. We
will not gather traditional statistics regarding funding, members etc
but on the other hand gather info that are useful for orientation and
networking. We will also include examples on art works and artist
presentations to help draw a picture of the genre for those who are
new to it.

This guide will be published in two versions, one electronic that
will be updated, and one paper version that will be published only
once. There will also be a support web site including links and info
updates for both versions.

The survey will be carried out by travels, mail contact and
interviews during the period February 2003 to February 2004. We will
start gathering information and then select artists and institutions
to visit or interview.

So if you think you should be included in this guide please send us a
short description of yourself or the group/institution you are part
of together with contact info. Please send us a short description on
"first contact" max a half page and do not send any attached images
etc.
Sending cd-roms etc via snail mail is ok but we will not be able to
return any material.

We will also appreciate info on other artists and/or resources that
you think we should contact, please redistribute and post this mail.

Info can be submitted via the online form at http://www.electrohype.org

or via e-mail to: atlas at electrohype.org (please see on-line form for
required info)

Best regards

Anna Kindvall and Lars Gustav Midboe
--
If you encounter problems with this mail address please notify me at
electrohype at swipnet.se
Lars Gustav Midboe  <lars.midboe at electrohype.org> www.electrohype.org
  Electrohype office +46 40 780 20      mobil/tel:+ 46 705  198817
  Electrohypes kansli 040 - 78020         mobil/tel:+  0705  198817