REALTOKYO MM Vol. 115

Andreas andreas at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Feb 7 01:52:45 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____2_7_2003_Fri_vol.115___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) RealCities vol. 020
  From New York: Susan Sontag on Japanese Film

(2) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Nakanishi Daisuke ("Little More" magazine) vol. 007

(3) Event Pick of the Week
Timepieces & Insector Labo presents Tied#4

(4) Presents
"Divine Intervention" preview screening, Flatic CDs

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 44 events
including 9 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) RealCities vol. 020

 From New York: Susan Sontag on Japanese Film
by Kurosawa Leica

With temperatured dropping as low as minus 12 degrees, New York
is experiencing a cold season where icebreakers working their
ways up and down the frozen Hudson River. On January 24th a lecture
where Susan Sontag introduced eight Japanese movies she holds
important as classics was held at the Japan Society, opening a
series titled "Critic's Choice: Susan Sontag on Japanese Film."
The event saw Sontag standing behind the microphone and
enthusiastically talking about the 'golden age' of Japanese cinema.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/cities/0020-kurosawa.htm

(2) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Nakanishi Daisuke ("Little More" magazine) vol. 007

I'm visiting Club Quattro in Shibuya to see Harco's concert.
As promised, I help distribute matches Yamazaki Yukari created
instead of a flyer to advertise Kuki Kodan's "Oto no tenji 2003"
event after the show. Although I readily offered my assistance,
on the inside I'm a little scared of making a fool of myself in
case we get stopped by a supervisor, as in some venues they're
watching really carefully (Yamazaki-san has no problem with that,
she's still young...). But then a powerful helper suddenly surfaces.
Fujita Osamu from the "ficciones" bookshop in Shimokitazawa, who
was also in the audience, happens to be something like a relative
to the Kuki Kodan troupe. Together we manage to distribute about
200 pieces, and with a couple of drinks the three of us have after
that Fujita explains his views on literature and others.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0024-henshucho.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

Timepieces & Insector Labo presents Tied#4

This event is presented by two Tokyo labels that have both just
released new EPs in January, Timepieces and Insector Labo. What
awaits visitors to this party are gradually building instrumentals
and deep, reverberating soundscapes that make one imagine Balinese
gamelan players doing trance. Although the two labels share a basic
concept, their music's styles range from earthy, percussive
breakbeats to subtle downtempo numbers. I suggest you first try
and listen to some sound samples on their web sites (links on the
Details page), which will surely make you want to go and see how
that sounds live.
--Ikeda Maiko

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,1429

(4) Presents

RT invites ten readers to a special preview screening of the
Palestinian movie "Divine Intervention" including a talk session
with director Elia Suleiman.
Also, we still accept applications for one of the three copies of
Flatic's first album "Nano/Youth" (Plop).

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo, 4 Weeks

- Out of Tokyo

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO