[syndicate] Re: Re: Re: Re: Subject: Re: From:

Florian Cramer cantsin at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 12 17:18:20 CET 2003

Am Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2003 um 16:54:43 Uhr (+0100) schrieb Fr. M.:
> At 15:59 11/02/2003 +0100, Florian Cramer wrote:
>
> >Now comes a break:

> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >>

> phew.

;-)

- Before I finally break off, I should add that it wasn't very good that
I replied in the first person singular to the posts regarding unstable
digest. Unstable digest is a collective effort of Alan, Beatrice and me,
I just happen to be somewhat emotional about it so that I felt the need
of a personal/subjective reply. Alan's reply to your critique is just as
important here.

Anyway, it strikes me that (a) all people around me are depressed (due
to a combination of seasonal (at least in Berlin), economical and
global-political factors, in my case it's also physical sickness), (b)
a number of net.art-related mailinglists/networks seem to go through
internal legitimation crises: rhizome, webartery (with a rift between
the listowner and some other people), rohrpost (where we had the best
media theoretical debate since years, resulting in complaints from
subscribers that they don't want to read discussions, but only
announcements). I wonder whether we face the beginning of a split-up of
net cultures into little irrelevant monads.

-F

--
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~cantsin/homepage/
http://www.complit.fu-berlin.de/institut/lehrpersonal/cramer.html