unadulterated text

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Mon Dec 29 09:56:36 CET 2003

unadulterated text

the knowledge of the citadel came too late.
the ancient city.

nothing is happening here
i must put my affairs in order
my jewish back is against the wall

'I always said that one of the things I thought about my writing is that
I try to write in the midst of confusion and be strong enough to stay
there, rather than swim to the shore of some kind of conclusion, because
I think that's how I live my life and to me there's a value in that.'
(from Charlie Kaufman interview in Adaptation, The Shooting Script.)

it's safe to rearrange things, procreate file outputs, intersperse code,
hide behind kabbalah. here is text, i am on a journey to bring back the
law from another country. it is 399 a.d. it is 835 a.d.

it is not a.d., it is c.e., my jewish back is against the wall.

the wall is moving and collapsing. (perhaps there are no more walls,
perhaps the world is an earthquake, perhaps we are all guilty. in any
case, i must put my affairs in order.)

+++