REALTOKYO MM Vol. 157

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Dec 5 03:32:47 CET 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____12_5_2003_Fri_vol.157_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Goto Shigeo ("Wasteland" magazine) Vol. 006

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Cinematic Voices Vol. 6: Experimentelle Musik
by Editorial Staff

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 40 events
including 9 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Goto Shigeo ("Wasteland" magazine) Vol. 006

Late October - Early November
For the first time in quite a while I'm visiting New York (my
schedule for the four days I'm here is murderous as always
though). Among others, I'm doing an interview with Sakamoto
Ryuichi (whose collabration with David Sylvian, "World Citizen,"
is kind of numb...) for my regular "skmt2" column in
"InterCommunication" magazine. Whenever I have time I try to
catch exhibitions at galleris in Soho and Chelsea. Ryan
McGinness' show and Yoko Ono's "Odyssey Of A Cockroach" at
Deitch Projects are fantastic. Also, I hunt up a variety of
interesting titles at the Printed Matter art book shop.
The most exciting event I've seen here so far is the photo
exhibition "Strangers" at ICP. It's a strong project that
explores conscientiously the "possibilities of photography" in
times where globalization and wars keep stripping the world down
to its raw and naked core.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0043-henshucho.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Cinematic Voices Vol. 6: Experimentelle Musik

In every major city around the world where different cultures
   mingle, there exists at least one epicentre of the respective
city's alternative cultural scene. "Podewil" was launched shortly
after the wall came down in former East Berlin, and is now
enjoying a worldwide reputation for its events of experimental
music. Visiting Japan this time is Podewil's musical director,
who appears in symposia next to musicians/critics such as Carl
Stone, Adachi Tomomi, Sasaki Atsushi, and other driving forces
of the Japanese scene. The slightly stiff theme is "what is
experimental music?," but as an event that promises to shed light
on how experimental music managed to make "sound art" as a genre
widely accepted and even popular, it is certainly worth a visit.
--Editorial Staff

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?0,398

Next week on RT:

- Out of Tokyo

- Presents

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO