REALTOKYO MM Vol. 142

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Aug 22 02:02:06 CEST 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____8_22_2003_Fri_vol.142_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo Vol. 069
The Launch of "ART iT"

(2) Tokyo Initiator's Diary
Kubota Kenji (curator, Art Tower Mito) Vol. 001

(3) Event Pick of the Week
Kathy Returns (by Murata Yuko)

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 51 events
including 13 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 69: The Launch of "ART iT"
by Ozaki Tetsuya

Thinking that it would be nice to have a bilingual art paper these
days, we decided to make one. We call it "ART iT." Neither were
we asked by a huge publishing company to produce such a magazine,
nor are we supported by a generous sponsor. "ART iT" will be
published by the non-profit organization REALCITIES (which operates
also RT), and the editorial staff is more or less identical with
RT's, assisted by some kind helpers. The first issue is (hopefully)
going to hit the streets on friday, October 17, and at the moment
we're bustling about to get it ready. Actually we're bustling about
all the time anyway...

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki69.htm

(2) Tokyo Initiator's Diary

Kubota Kenji (curator, Art Tower Mito) Vol. 001

I went to Narita airport early in the morning. The purpose of this
trip is to review the "Yes Yoko Ono" exhibition that's held at the
Samsung Museum of Modern Art, Seoul. Produced by the Japan Society
in New York, this exhibition is travelling the world, and the next
station after Seoul is going to be Art Tower Mito in October. From
Inchong airport I'm going to my hotel first to check in, and from
there I head straight to the museum. I find there approximately
eighty percent of the setup done, so they'll be in time for the
opening three days later. The museum staff look as if they needed
a bit more work to do. Moreover, they did a much better job than
the folks in the United States, where the exhibition had taken
place earlier. Their presentation exactly matched Yoko Ono's delicate
and poetic realm.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/shikakenin/kubota-001.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

Kathy Returns

Like Charlie's Angels work for Charlie and 007 operates on behalf
of Her Majesty, this fascinating performance unit who cover their
faces with black tights were sent on their mission by an individual
named Kathy. With eccentric movements and fancy costumes, the
three girls look at once venomous and somehow cute, and this time
they come to fulfill their assignment to show a photo/video
installation, and above that a performance on two successive days.
   We also learned that another one of their missions is to help
boost the sale of "Theatre PRODUCTS" items, and for this purpose
they're showing a "sale dance" at Little More Gallery on 8/24.
--Murata Yuko

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?4,1501

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editor's Diary

- Presents

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO