REALTOKYO MM Vol. 140

Info info at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Aug 1 03:15:54 CEST 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____8_1_2003_Fri_vol.140_____ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo Vol. 068
WASP III

(2) Presents
Cinema Korea tickets

(3) Event Pick of the Week
Strange Messenger & Cross Section: The Work of Patti Smith

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 57 events
including 17 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo Vol. 068

WASP III
by Ozaki Tetsuya

As I've announced in "Out of Tokyo 064," we're planning an RT BAR
event in combination with a "WASP public judgement & exhibition
of works," the outline of which is now more or less fixed. Please
find details of the event below, and if you have time, please
come and join us. Also, we made the participation even more
attractive, so don't hesitate to send us your entries before the
closing date.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki68.htm

(2) Presents

Three couples/six people each will be invited to see "Wet Dreams"
or "Addicted," which are shown as parts of the "Cinema Korea 2003"
event.

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

Strange Messenger & Cross Section: The Work of Patti Smith

Patti Smith was originally aiming at a career as a painter,
not as a singer. That was until the release of her "Horses"
album (1975), for which her former boyfriend Robert Mapplethorpe
shot the cover photo. Especially in her early drawings (= those
made in the 1960s) Patti demonstrated a remarkable technique,
and, possibly a sign of her admiration of the likes of Arthur
Rimbaud or William Blake, in her delicately composed neurotic
paintings she uses blood-red colour all over the place. A strong
image of death is still present in her later works, such as
black-and-white photographs or prints on the theme of the
destroyed WTC. A certain lack one can find only in the works
Patti made as a lucky wife in the '80s, so it seems like
unhappiness is in fact what suits her best.
--Oz

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?4,1469

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editor's Diary

- Tokyo Initiator's Diary

and more...

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and
Convenient for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us
opinions or productive suggestions concerning contents,
structure, layouts, etc. Three especially lucky readers who
send a mail to info at realtokyo.co.jp will be chosen and receive
a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners
on our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get
lots of hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy
information on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events
in town. Please contact the following email address for
dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

------------------------PR-----------------------------------

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to
change your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their
services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received
by email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO