[syndicate] No Flesh Guaranteed - Internet net cult hit...

Eryk Salvaggio eryk at maine.rr.com
Fri Aug 15 09:42:57 CEST 2003

This is a good question. Maybe you ought to do what I did with "September
11th, 2001" - I took it down. It's a dead link now; only visible to people
who email me to ask to see it. This works in a lot of ways- 1, it covers me
for bandwidth costs, and 2, given the subject matter, it keeps the work from
being utilized for feeding "American Patriot" purposes, which was a huge
problem for me personally after the NYT article and could otherwise
contribute to GW Bush's vampiric rise to power on the backs of 3000 dead
instead of acting as an actual memorial to actual people, which was the
whole idea in the first place.

I suppose, really, that reason 1 is part of why the Rhizome Artbase is
something of a valuable service, but for now I'm still not convinced that
the administrative problems with the artbase have been addressed, (which
makes me wonder if they ever will be) so I won't be contributing that piece
to it. I also had some private investors interested in it, but I am wary of
that, too, for similar reasons.

-e.