No Flesh Guaranteed - Internet net cult hit...

furtherfield info at furtherfield.org
Mon Aug 11 14:26:23 CEST 2003

No Flesh Guaranteed - has suddenly become an Internet net cult hit.
http://www.noflesh.net

Eyeopener, its creator suddenly had to move the site to a different server
very swiftly due to the sudden bandwidth growth.

Recently, due to the mass growth of blogs and a more interested net audience
who are keen to discover web-art & net-art that commuinicates rather than
bashing theory down their throats, in the guise of self censorship. 'NFG'
has become one of the most visited pieces on the Internet. Not because it is
art but because it communicates in creative terms.

A frenzied influx of visitors emailed the artist with various comments:-

"A Dead Heart Finds the Dark Side"

''Who needs Art when you have something moving beyond?"

"Fuck the critics, they obviously do not see what it really is"

"This work is so simple yet it's brillaint. Why are we not allowed to this
sort of work in art galleries?"

"Strange. At first I was scared but then I kind of got addicted to the
clicking & seeing but not seeing the flesh"

"It's more perverse than sex"

'No Flesh Guaranteed ' in its various forms 1st entered the Internet expanse
in 1998 and has moved on to become part of the Internet vista. A dark and
Dada-esque collection of images that feature collected sexual images from
the net, reworked with the flesh extracted. Some are replaced with themed
inner collages replacing the flesh.