[Crónica] mail 007

Cronica list at cronicaelectronica.org
Sat Apr 19 21:44:08 CEST 2003

| CRÓNICA MAIL 007                                  |
| 19.04.2003                                        |
| http://www.cronicaelectronica.org                 |

01 - lisbon calling
02 - live @ bcn
03 - new video by Lia
04 - + live
05 - in the future

| LISBON CALLING                                    |

Vitor Joaquim talking about his working method for his new cd at Crónica: "When I play, I usually start from scratch, exploring small acoustic sound sources, programs and hardware devices as my main drive for inspiration. Given enough time I end up finding small motives that attracts my attention in a special way and that I develop, certain to reach a point where I'll find new reasons to keep working on it, until something substantial is defined. In those moments, when something is sounding consistently strong and interesting, I start recording without even stopping what I'm doing. The question of what to do and where to go at any given moment thus becomes a reference in my work. I take Picasso's words and make them my own: when I paint, my goal is to show what I find, not what I look for."
After Pontevedra (IFI Festival) and Porto (Aniki-Bóbó), Crónica presents itself in Lisbon (Frágil) at full force, showing besides Vitor Joaquim performing live with visuals from Paulo Raposo, a set with Longina (live) + Flexo (live visuals) and a Beat Map audiovisual set, with Pedro Tudela + Miguel Carvalhais (HDJ) and Return (live visuals).
The new cds from Longina and Vitor Joaquim will be available at a special release price.

Vitor Joaquim (live) + Paulo Raposo (live visuals)
Longina (live) + Flexo (live visuals)
Beat_Map audiovisual set:
- Pedro Tudela + Miguel Carvalhais (HDJ)
- Return (live visuals)
     Frágil, Lisboa.pt
     23.04.2003 (crónica release event)

| LIVE @ bcn                                        |

Vitor Joaquim and Miguel Carvalhais join Sergi Jordá in Barcelona for a live performance in the Sidecar club next May 6.
Sergi Jordá works since the beginning of the nineties in multimedia projects, installations and performances, often collaborating with other visual and performing artists such as Konic Thr (IO-Zn and Kapsula-K), La Fura dels Baus (F at ust Music On Line and DQ), Cristina Casanova (web-DQ) and Marcel.li Antunez. His main research lines are sound/image interrelation (the Video Choreographer software), computer music improvisation and collective music composition through the Internet (F at ust Music On Line). Miguel Carvalhais is a musician and designer based in Porto, active in multiple projects such as revdesign.pt, @c and [des]integração. Vitor Joaquim has just released his new cd 'La Strada is on Fire' in Crónica.

Vitor Joaquim + Sergi Jordá + Miguel Carvalhais
	Sidecar, Barcelona.es
	06.05.2003

| LIA_e.v.a./G.N.S.I.L.                             |

e.v.a./G.N.S.I.L. was commisioned by the Sonic Light 2003 - Composing Light, Articulating Space - festival, for a continuous public projection in the center of Amsterdam, all nights during the festival.
Lia's first video without a soundtrack is now online at http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

| + LIVE                                            |
| dates confirmed for the near future.              |

Longina + Flexo + Horacio G.
	Facultade Belas Artes Pais Vasco
	Bilbao.es
	13.05.2003

@c + Lia
	Teatro Viriato, Viseu.pt
	24.05.2003

for an up to date list of events, please visit
http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

| IN THE FUTURE                                     |
| hey, the summer is not far away at all            |

before going on holidays, Crónica is preparing its fifth release. ON PAPER is due to be released in june 2003 and more details will be available as the work progresses.

| DISCLAIMER @                                      |
| always in the end!                                |

this mail is NOT SPAM. it was either sent to you because you subscribed to receive it or, due to unexplainable phenomena your address ended up being added to this list. if it stays here, mail will be sent to you every now and then, updating news and interesting information about Crónica and www.cronicaelectronica.org

| http://www.cronicaelectronica.org                 |