invitation to participate: your favorite four letter words

D. Jean Hester jenajunk at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 23:14:45 CEST 2003

Hey all,

I'd like to ask you to contribute/participate in my latest
collaborative-participative-what-the-hell-is-it-ART-THANG.

It's SO EASY:  send me a list of your favorite four letter words (as many or
as few as you want).  Yeah, and remember, four letter doesn't have to mean
f*ck, sh*t, d*mn, although those certainly are glorious four letter words.
Hand, post, June, list, dive, chow, Oslo, ogle, spam, and poke are all
perfectly reasonable four letter words as well.

The words will be placed in a database, and reconfigured in odd random
pairings based on an algorithm, along with odd random pairings of video
footage.  The result will be an interactive installation planned for a
music/video/art event in Los Angeles in May.

Thanks, and send those words in to jenajunk at hotmail.com!  I need a lot of
them...

-- D. Jean Hester
www.divestudio.org
Interviewer: "Must an artist be a programmer to make truly original online
art?"
John Simon: "Truly original? You Modernist! Whether you make art or not,
understanding programming is an amazing understanding."
from "Code as Creative Writing: An Interview with John Simon"