REALTOKYO MM Vol. 124

Andreas andreas at realtokyo.co.jp
Fri Apr 11 06:13:14 CEST 2003

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____4_11_2003_Fri_vol.124___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo
Vol. 60: New York During Wartime

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Telekmusik drei vol.1

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 47 events
including 9 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 60: New York During Wartime
by Ozaki Tetsuya

I went to New York for a week between the end of March and early
April. I made the trip for the "Invitation" culture magazine, whose
editor Sugatsuke Masanobu is currently working on a special issue
made up of interviews with NY-based creators. Overall theme of the
conversations I had was the effect each interviewee's attitude
toward the Iraq war is having on his or her activities of artistic
expression. The issue is going to feature interviews with about 30
creators in total, including artists Bill Viola and Mori Mariko,
curators of MoMA and other museums, musicians Sakamoto Ryuichi and
Laurie Anderson, novelist Paul Auster, editor Gary Fisketjon, film
director Larry Clark, architect Richard Gluckman, and others.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki60.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Telekmusik drei vol.1

Telek, probably the first event that thoroughly introduced
experimental music from Europe (Cologne in particular) in Japan,
is back after more than a year with a shaped-up version presenting
the results of increased exchange with the European local scenes.
Appearing this time are Machida Yoshio with his mysterious
self-built "amorphon," and instrument that looks like a steel pan,
photographer Mika Posa, and other local artists. Also participating
are Ogurusu Norihide and Kan Daisuke with unique guitar performances,
as well as Kurokawa Ryoichi, a video artist who is known from his
work for SILICOM. As if this line-up weren't attractive enough, the
event takes place at an interior design shop, and altogether it
promises a rich and manifold program of artistic expression.
--Ikeda Maiko

Details at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,1474

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- RealCities

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2000-2003 REALTOKYO