DIAN Announcement for April

DIAN info at dian-network.com
Tue Apr 1 02:10:03 CEST 2003

              DIAN - Digital Interactive Artists' Network

                                [Image]

                         http://dian-network.com

April:

DIAN - Digital Interactive Artists' Network -
Our focus for the month of April is JOACHIM LAPOTRE. We proudly present
his work:

"GEO.GRAPHIC "

http://dian-network.com/navigation.html

Inspired by military softwares of criminal investigation, "GEO.GRAPHIC"
is a lost/fugitives people research software. I saw many reports on this
subject (NSA and others...) which terrified me. After September 11, I
turned around the theme by preparing the visuals and I finally  decided
to make a mind-game/ club/ brain-teaser of it, that totally fits to the
actual world geo-political situation:

There are twelve maps connected between them by points, the session
starts on a random chosen map and it is to the user to discover the
eleven others... Once that the user visited the twelve maps, he can see
the face of its advisors and targets. 24 faces extracted from a series
of 36 (see MOST WANTED) which I drew starting from photographs of the
American police most wanted websites, it is from there that come their
major glance. "GEO.GRAPHIC" could be a military software but it is in
fact a rebels/ alter-mondialist/ pro-freedom/ ecologist/
hacker-software.

DIAN - Digital Interactive Artists' Network - is a network for artists
who are seriously involved in using Internet technology in the domain of
contemporary art.

We are deeply interested in artists working in this field. Artists
working with the web, the net and related domains, please submit your
work here:
http://dian-network.com/information.html

        Visit DIAN and explore what can be done on the Internet.

                    address: http://dian-network.com
                      e-mail: info at dian-network.com

to unsubscribe from this list send an email
to unsubscribe at dian-network.com