RHIZOME_RAW: Re: [syndicate] MOUCHETTE - Franklin Furnace's first "Future of the Present 2003" Artist

Ivan Pope ivan at ivanpope.com
Tue Apr 1 00:53:29 CEST 2003

Eryk,
I have no idea why really you want to make this 'analysis'.
You seem to accept that the site is the work of an artist, thus not, I
presume, a real, naive, 13 yr old girl.
Yet, you say, then, that we are 'directly encouraged to participate in
virtual interactions against a young girl'.
If it is the work of an artist, then there is no young girl, just maybe our
notion of one.

You say you do not want to censor any artists.
Yet, you say that you think the primary message of the piece is 'putting out
the idea that children are capable of seducing adults'.
If you do not want to censor, what is your point?

You say
> http://www.mouchette.org/touch/plush.html is a piece in which we are
> encouraged to look through a plethora of childrens toys to find "a pink open
> mouth" [which resembles a vagina] and a "striped penis." I am wondering what
> we are supposed to interpret the message of this piece to be?
yet there is no striped penis, there is no open mouth. There are just
childrens toys and words. You wonder how we are to interpret this, but you
have just told us. You interpret them as penis and vagina, as you are
instructed by the text.

I think the piece is clever, strange, funny, disturbing and above all,
knowing. I hardly think the world of paedophiles needs this sort of art to
promote its agenda.

Cheers,
Ivan