___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 97___

OZAKI Tetsuya ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Sep 26 21:27:54 CEST 2002

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____9_027_2002_Fri_vol.97___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

Dear reader,

Following chaotic weeks of preparations, the doors of the first REALTOKYO
MARKET finally opened at noon on Sunday, September 22nd.
Exhausted but happy we closed the doors again at 10pm on the 23rd, and I
want to use this occasion to thank everybody who helped make the event
such a big success - both participants and all those who dropped by on one
of the two days!

After two days dedicated completely to counting, calculating and other
administrative after-care, we returned to business on Thursday, which means
that REALTOKYO was not updated on this week's first three days.
So, don't worry, we will of course continue the daily publication, and once
this
crazy week (REALTOKYO BAR on 9/25 & 9/27!) is over, we'll surely do our best
to catch up with filling REALTOKYO with more valuable information.

Thanks again for visiting the market and doing almost excessive shopping!

Andreas
Vice editor-in-chief
REALTOKYO

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Baba Masataka (A) vol. 004

(2) Event Pick of the Week
Spotlight

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 39 events
including 6 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Baba Masataka (A), vol. 004

There are several reasons for my overnight stay at a capsule hotel. I can't
find a better
explanation than calling it an accumulation of unfortunate coincidences. I
really
wonder what I'm doing here - writing a diary with "Travelling Life" as its
theme, and
now I'm stuck here in the Tokyo office and even have to sleep in one of
those tiny
cells of a capsule hotel!

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0011-henshucho.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Spotlight

Known recently throughout Japan, "Spotlight" is the name of a party that is
usually
held in Kyoto's "Metro," and finally here comes the first Tokyo edition!
Members of
the Spotlight label, such as Illreme or Yabemilk, have made appearances around
here also in the past, but as an event gathering the complete line-up
including also
"Spotlight" originals Sugimoto Takuya (who is now working on a new release) and
DJ Amagumo, this is the first one happening in town. As if this wasn't
enough, the
crew is joined by long-time collaborator Riow Arai, as well as the Asano
Tatsuhiko
Band. Attacking Tokyo with their strange 'pop' theme and their music's
really unique
electronic taste, here come some individuals that will probably cause quite
a stir in
the whole Kanto area.
-- Ikeda Maiko

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,1281

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Out of Tokyo

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO