Fw: FORUM 2002-BALCAN WARS PROJECT

bljace bljace at multimedia.org.mk
Thu Sep 19 09:10:49 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: mb at hol.gr
To: Alex Spyropoulos ; Νικος Κοζακης ; Φωτεινη Καριωτακη ; Πανος Παπαδοπουλος ; Δημητρης Ντοκατζης ; Biljana Tanurovska ; Violeta Simjanovska ; vassilios kokkas ; Stewart Ziff ; Nina Vagic ; andy deck ; Gulsen Bal
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 10:13 PM
Subject: FORUM 2002-BALCAN WARS PROJECT

PERSONAL CINEMA  ANNOUNCEMENT

The Forum for Art exchanges at the south-east Europe (http://www.artbox.gr/forum.htm ) , is going to take place in Thessaloniki at 29,30 of November. Personal cinema is invited to present the proposal of the Balcan wars project . Our intention is the further distribution and promotion of the project among the artists, curators etc, that participate at the Forum.

The presentation will include a speech by the coordinator of the project Nina Vagic who is going to present The making of Balcan wars The game,

and the member of Personal cinema  Stewart Ziff, who is intent to cover the relationship between New media and Politics.

In addition we’re designing a visual presentation  of a television like

‘’breaking news’’ composed with a lot of different ‘’windows’’.

We are asking the participant artists of the project, to participate by sending

audio or/and video footage concerning political social or cultural events

of their choise about the Balcan area ( and possible relations).

The collected footage is going to be edited at a total duration of about 8 min

as a breaking news info bulletin.

Our preference is to represent the most of Balcan languages with English subtitles

so any speech material  should be sent translated in English.

Stories or reportages should be short and sent by e-mail or mail to the follow addresses, until the end of October.

    e-mail:  mb at hol.gr

:  Attention  Maya Bontzou

                  P.O box  30537

                  Athens 10033