___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 95___

OZAKI Tetsuya ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Sep 12 22:38:24 CEST 2002

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____9_013_2002_Fri_vol.95___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Sugatsuke Masanobu (Composite) part II, vol. 1

(2) RealCities
 From Gateshead, England: The Opening of BALTIC

(3) Event Pick of the Week
Onedotzero_nippon

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 51 events
including 11 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Sugatsuke Masanobu (Composite) part II, vol. 1

August 19

I'm meeting UA for an interview that will go into Composite volume 27 (on sale
from 9/10), the first issue we're publishing in six months. After the
preview screening
of the movie "Mizu no onna," in which she plays her first leading role, we
exchanged
impressions on our mobile phones quite extensively, so I didn't expect the
conversation to be too long, but once we met there were again many things
to talk
about. We were planning to do the interview right after photo shootings for
her new
album "Dorobo," which were scheduled to finish at 3pm. We appeared at the
location
in time, but it wasn't until 8 that we could start our photo shooting, and
then finally sit
down for a long interview. Since we were both tired from the long studio
work we
decided to do that at Higashiyama in Meguro while having dinner. Through the
movie she seems to have increased her self-confidence, so I'm sitting and
listening
to a stoically relaxed UA. "I can't live while lieing to myself, and
programmed harmony
just kills me" she states, and as a clumsy editor I can perfectly
understand her.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0010-henshucho.htm

(2) RealCities

 From Gateshead, England: The Opening of BALTIC

On July 13 BALTIC, The Centre for Contemporary Art opened its doors in
Gateshead
in England's north. The museum, which doesn't have an own collection, but
is planning
conceptual exhibition events and artist-in-residence programs, borrows its
name from
the Baltic fleet. In this season where the sun doesn't fully disappear
before midnight,
director Sune Nordgren finally cut the ribbon and opened the museum to the
public
at 0:00a.m. Masses of impatiently waiting people had been queueing up for
several
hours, and the rush continued until the morning.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/cities/f_cities.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

Onedotzero_nippon

Originally started in the UK, this worldwide biggest digital movie festival
is held for
the sixth time this year. Here in Tokyo it's shown for the first time,
though, and for this
special occasion a number of creators from overseas are coming to town. Besides
shorts made with computer graphics, the varied programme ranges from music
promotion videos, artistic motion graphics and commercial spots, to intro
movies
from PlayStation 2 games, etc. Participants from Japan include Teevee Graphics,
Devil Robots, and others, and one of the highlights will be the "Audio Sex"
presentation by a unit made up of top creators Ukawa Naohiro and Tei Towa.
Without doubt, Yurakucho is the place for video artists, VJs, and gamers to
go this
weekend.
--Editorial Staff

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?1,1832

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Out of Tokyo

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO