3 More 'Ouch Those Monkeys' Tunes

furtherfield info at furtherfield.org
Sun Oct 27 17:47:25 CET 2002

Blank3 More 'Ouch Those Monkeys' Tunes

Touch Thy Self.
A song advocating the freedom of self-pleasure for all in this troubled
world. Touch our selves, explore one's own physical and spiritual body mesh,
a personal liberation from containment. Use our fleshy frames to defy the
all to frequent constraints of socially imposed fear and paranoid, sexual
myth making. Go - Touch Thy Self and masturbate, caress your visceral
sensuality and enjoy...
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2824/2824478.html

Who's Controlling My Fate?
A simple question is asked in this angst ridden, rhythm kicking swipe about
those who are too eager to play with our lives for their own ends, and those
that are also too eager to let them. Declaring that power is an emotional
bed-fellow to submission, can we escape the dichotomy of absolutes between
sadism and masochism, and that addictive willingness to be suffocated by
another?
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2829/2829385.html

Change Our Lives.
'May be We ought to change our lives', is questioning a war mongering world
that is always keen to resolve issues through the singular pattern of
violence; the perpetual historically accepted, mass human slaughter. How
long can we hide away inside losing freedom through compromise?
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2824/2824525.html

More stuff: http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/388/ouch_those_monkeys.html

'Ouch Those Monkeys' are an explorative and prolific Darkwave, net-based
band. Creating sounds that are primarily electronic, using computers to cut
up noises/beats that grind with a playful and poetic dysfunction. 'OTM' are
rapidly becoming part of the Internet landscape; leaving heart-felt
unsettling messages for the Net world. Diverting the mediated gaze/haze,
bypassing the delusory bimbo-pop trap and just gettng on with making their
contemporary, imaginative noise without compromise. Advocating that everyone
should start making their own noise, clouding out the corporate gatekeepers.
Do not let anyone stop you from creating your own art, and clamping your
genius, your own voice - they are the enemy of our imaginations. Remember
that there is a war against our imagination, 'OTM' are reclaiming theirs.
Let's kick ass and enjoy what's left of our imaginations' in this very
shakey and uncertain world!