Enjoy the Poster, and Spread the Word

Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Thu Oct 24 18:59:44 CEST 2002

REGIME CHANGE BEGINS AT HOME.

It is the new slogan of www.moveonpac.org, the PAC that
promotes Democratic candidates for the November 5th general
elections in the U.S.

ivo

Date sent:      	23 Oct 2002 19:29:03 -0000

We hope you enjoy the "Regime Change Begins at Home" poster.  Working
together, we can really get the word out about the importance of
this election.

If you've received this email in error, please correct your
registration information at:
http://www.moveon.org/subscrip/i.html?id=-1334749-aiGvb%2B5y6YtH%2FFTXuK3MFA

This campaign is based solely on word of mouth.  It is CRUCIAL that
you tell others.  We've attached below a brief letter you can send
to your email circle.  Just copy and paste the text into your own
email, then personalize the message.  Your own words are always best.

Please only contact people who know you personally.  Spam hurts our
campaign.
_____________________

Subject: Regime Change Begins at Home

I just got a sign for my car that says "Regime Change Begins
at Home. Vote."  You can download one, too, at:

http://www.moveon.org/PAC_regimechange2/

Here's why I think it's important:

The Bush Administration is brilliant at marketing.  The folks that
are working for Bush are so good at this that if you watch the news,
you get the idea that everyone agrees with him.

Of course, we all know that that's not true.  Most Americans are quite
wary of the war on Iraq, and a whole lot of us see the President as
playing a cynical election-year game.  The problem is that without the
attention of the media, this dissent is hard to see -- ordinary people
don't hold press conferences to tell the world what they're thinking.

That's where we can help.  MoveOn.org PAC put together a placard
that you can put in your car window.  You can download the placard for
free at:

http://www.moveon.org/PAC_regimechange2/

If enough of us download these, print 'em up, and stick them on our
car or in our windows, we can begin to create a culture of engagement
and patriotic dissent.  We'll amplify our voices.  We'll help to elect
the candidates who can help us out of this mess.  And we'll help to fire
the ones that are on board for Bush's endless war.

With your help, we can out-market the masters.