[syndicate] Re: jaunkeez

claudia westermann media at ezaic.de
Wed Oct 9 23:43:18 CEST 2002

>>>  (indieWIRE: 10.02.02) -- Finnish director Aki Kaurismaki has decided to
>>>  boycott the current New York Film Festival in support of Iranian
>>>  filmmaker Abbas Kiarostami who was denied entrance to the United States
>  >> last month.

does this mean that his films are also not shown in the US ?

then
they probably suspect that some people could ask very many questions
about the quality of American film ?
(pardon)

definitely Kiarostami films show an image of the Islamic World which
is too understandable to be helpful  to American politics at the
moment

I have seen four of Kiarostami's films. they were all very good. and
very understandable. there is nothing of the gap in between two
worlds, of which the politics are talking. ( I am not saying that
there are no differences at all. )

well ... yes, the films pass by censorship .. and I heard Iranian
voices, who say that the films are not political (critical) enough or
only show the very beautiful side ... but, we normally get only the
other side shown by our lovely media here.

I think these films are a very very good contribution on a way to
understanding. can only recommend the films.

hmmm ) .. must say, probably Kaurismäki's films look more strange to
the normal Western audience than Kiarostami's do.
but ... I only made a test with 1 American. this does not make a
statistic. ;) .. but it was very strange to see how frightening
silence is to some some people. it looked like someone had found the
TRUE enemy suddenly.

our NORTH should pay attention.  ... the next bomb is against silence.

( oops .. there is a logic parachute:  probably the chances that Bush
realizes one day that there is oil in Norway are not very high. )

claudia