___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 98___

OZAKI Tetsuya ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Oct 3 20:43:40 CEST 2002

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____10_04_2002_Fri_vol.98___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Nakanishi Daisuke (Little More) vol. 003

(2) Out of Tokyo vol. 47
The Translation Agency Project

(3) Event Pick of the Week
Contemporary Israeli Design: Chanan de Lange Exhibition

(4) Presents
Design exhibition tickets & books

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 42 events
including 17 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Nakanishi Daisuke (Little More), vol. 003

Although we're approaching our next deadline, I'm still doing interviews.
Today I'm
talking to Fukuda Kazuya and musician Toyota Michinori in a karaoke box in
Gakugei-daigaku. Toyota brought a guitar, and the four pieces he plays us in a
closed room (kind of an experiment on humans) are really cool. Also joining
is an
old friend from the Fukuda seminar, Arai Ryo, and he seems to be one of the few
music friends of Toyota. Inoue Yumiko takes a series of polaroids, and we
don't have
time to wait for the design. When the session is over Fukuda flies off like
the wind,
and togther with Omine, one of our editors, I run to balance the books.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0012-henshucho.htm

(2) Out of Tokyo, vol. 47

The Translation Agency Project

The next REALTOKYO BAR event, titled "One Year After: the media one year after
10/8," is coming up on 10/11 (Fri), and besides this we've just starting a
new project
on REALTOKYO (for the time being only on the Japanese page, English coming
later).
We have established a page on the theme of "I want to translate this book,"
giving
spirited translators and translators-to-be a platform to introduce selected
books that
are not yet available in a Japanese translation, along with their own
profiles and
translation samples. Interested publishers can get in touch with applicants
to make
direct assignments. This, by the way, happens without any profit on the
REALTOKYO
side. The idea is to connect translators and publishers, in order to
produce Japanese
editions of interesting but for some reason not (yet) translated books.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki47.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

Contemporary Israeli Design: Chanan de Lange Exhibition

It often happens that the best and most refined works are produced not in an
environment where everything is possible and available, but rather in
circumstances
of restriction. This event kicks off a series introducing design from
Israel that was
born out of a limited market where equipment and materials are insufficient
and the
economical situation unstable. On display at this first exhibition are
stools based on
freehand-drawn sketches, stack rooms that hang down from the ceiling, and other
items that exceed our established perception of design. Following this
exhibition,
Tal Gur and Yaacov Kaufman are showing their works at the "Tokyo Designers
Block"
event.
-- Murata Yuko

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?6,243

(4) Presents

This week we give away a total of ten tickets to five readers for the
"Puiforcat
Exhibition," as well as three copies of "Nami 4 Ever For Longer Ride," an
illustrated
book by Nigel Scott and Nomura Yoshio.

To apply and for more info see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Tokyo, 4 Weeks

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO