Womanifesto 2003

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Fri Nov 29 15:18:16 CET 2002

Womanifesto 2003

invites you to participate in procreation/postcreation

All cultures have their own ideas about "having a baby" - from
conceiving, delivering and raising, to giving and getting both
procreation and post-creation help and advice. We ask you to share
this with others and us.

We ask for :
sayings/beliefs/advice/taboos/recipes/lullabies/stories/poems etc.
from you, female, male, whether you call yourself an artist or not.

We aim to gather diverse material on this topic from near and far.
This will be catalogued, published and distributed.

Your contribution can simply be in written form by email or snail
mail (addresses below). You can send texts in any language (can be
hand written and scanned to email or sent by post), please provide a
translation in English.
Images, drawings etc. are welcome but do not send originals, as we
are unable to return material.

The material can be your own or gathered - please provide the source
for credits where applicable. Scanned documents should be jpeg or
tiff.

Feel free to forward this to your friends and family who you think
might be interested to make a contribution. We would like the
participation of as many as possible.

Please send your contribution latest by end April 2003 and provide
your name and mailing and/or email address.

Email: womanifesto2001 at yahoo.com
Cc to: varsha at loxinfo.co.th nitaya_u at hotmail.com

Address: 167/2 Soi Sama Han, Sukhumvit Soi 4, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Organisers :
Varsha Nair and Nitaya Ueareeworakul

Womanifesto is a biannual project held in Thailand since 1995.
Organised by a group of artists, Thai and International women artists
have gathered at past events in Thailand to take part in workshops,
exhibit and exchange ideas. The last event, Womanifesto Workshop 2001
was held as a community-based workshop involving artists, local
crafts people and art administrators and took place on Boon Bandarn
Farm in Isarn, North-eastern Thailand. Catalogues of all past events
are available.