[syndicate]

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sun Nov 17 19:31:38 CET 2002

das meer is all that is left

here in ny the city veers between paranoia and mourning; everything else
drained out. constant fears down to the miniscule; the latest a series of
reports on static electricity at gas pumps - images of motorists on fire
as they fuel up -

mourning is constant - everyone is a victim and plays it - the city
wallows in the creation of new rituals - it goes on and on - it's already
a city on the verge of collapse - fear evreywhere -

i've been in safer feeling warzones - this is viral - from within - it's
everywhere - inescapable -

everyone has changed - we weren't here 9/11 - i was teaching in miami -
coming back the differences were heightened -

all boundaries in das meer are mobile & move & shudder in relation to the
world -

again war is inevitable on the radio -

alan