[syndicate] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: Care2 E-Card from mark tribe [as if]

Eryk Salvaggio eryk at maine.rr.com
Tue Nov 12 09:25:01 CET 2002

The Rhizome people are patronizing in much subtler ways that this
"e-card". I'd hope people would have the savvy to tell that this isn't
actually from Mark? A politician they all very much are, that's why
Rhizome is going where it is going. Which is unfortunate, and I hope
something else comes up that has the energy that rhizome lacks and a
more idealistic view of what web-art should be, outside of a building
post for a few more curators and academic careers. [Nothing wrong with
them- but we need some good old fashioned populism, getting net.art out
to non-academics, something Rhizome doesn't touch with a ten foot pole,
despite posing to the contrary- especially with Alex heading out.]

My two cents [a penny of bitterness and a cent of resentment] about the
Rhizome "community".

-e.