No subject

integer at www.god-emil.dk integer at www.god-emil.dk
Tue May 14 04:45:36 CEST 2002

Dynamical Cognitive Models of Social Issues in Russia
O. Mitina et al. omintina at yahoo.com
International Journal of Modern Physics C, Vol. 13 (2) (2002) 229-251.

Abstract:

We examine and model dynamics in three areas of social cognition: (1) political transformation within Russia,
(2) evaluation of political trends in other countries by Russians, and (3) evaluation of Russian stereotypes
concerning women. We try to represent consciousness as vectorfields and trajectories in a cognitive state space.
We use psychosemantic techniques that allow definition of the state space and the systematic construction of
those vectorfields and trajectories and their portrait from research data. Then we construct models to fit them,
using multiple regression methods to obtain linear differential equations. These dynamical models of social
cognition fit the data quite well. (1) The political transformations were modeled by a spiral repellor in a
two-dimensional space of a democratic-totalitarian factor and social depression-optimism factor.
(2) The evaluation of alien political trends included a flow away from a saddle toward more stable
and moderate political regimes in a 2D space, of democratic-totalitarian and unstable-stable cognitive
dimensions. (3) The gender study showed expectations (attractors) for more liberated, emancipated roles
for women in the future.

-
-
-

    /_/
                          /
             \            \/       i should like to be a human plant
                    __/
                                   i will shed leaves in the shade
        \_\                        because i like stepping on bugs

Netochka Nezvanova                   nezvanova at eusocial.com
                                    http://www.eusocial.com

                                http://www.ggttctttat.com/!
   n  r  .   5        !!!      http://steim.nl/leaves/petalz