News from Raccoon

Ivo Skoric ivo at reporters.net
Sun May 12 21:35:46 CEST 2002

http://balkansnet.org/prostor.html

On Saturday, May 25, Raccoon will celebrate Memorial Day,
remembering the 1995 Tuzla massacre in which 71 Bosnian teen
were killed on the 'Day of Youth' (which in former Yugoslavia was
celebrated as Tito's birthday).
At 7 pm, we will have screening of Denis Tanovic's film NO MAN'S
LAND, the winner of this year's Oscar for the best foreign film.

On Friday, June 7, at 7 pm, Raccoon will present WOMEN, THE
FORGOTTEN FACE OF WAR, a documentary about the war in
Kosovo and the womens' suffering due to it. The directors Susan
Muska and Greta Olafsdottir, Rockefeller Media Arts Fellows, will
be present at the showing for the Q&A session.
Film is in Albanian with English subtitles, 84 minutes.

Raccoon is currently looking for travel stories from former
Yugoslavia for its Cyber-Yugo project.
http://balkansnet.org/cyberyugo.html
Please, send your stories about places you visited and loved to
raccoon at balkansnet.org

Raccoon is starting Project Nada: reaching out to the members of
our community victimized by the tragic events of September 11.
Check the progress at the:
http://balkansnet.org/prostor.html

Announcement:
As Srebrenica came back to the global light, due to the release of
NIOD report and the subsequent resignation of Dutch government,
this week in New York city Women's Commision will hand the
Voice of Courage award to two women from Srebrenica region:
Sarajlic Zejneba and Avramovic Stanojka of Women of Podrinje.
http://balkansnet.org/srebrenica.html

ivo