Digital Pocket Gallery - Curator's Picks for April 2002 & Deadline Extension July 31st

Kanarinka kanarinka at ikatun.com
Wed May 1 15:03:23 CEST 2002

The Digital Pocket Gallery and crew are pleased to announce the
curator's picks for April 2002.

Please view the curator's selections and the rest of the gallery at:

http://www.ikatun.com/digitalpocketgallery

We are so pleased with the amount and the quality of work that has been
coming in, in fact, that we have decided to extend the deadline for
submissions to July 31, 2002. This will allow us to continue our policy
of publishing all pieces and highlighting a few works each month that we
feel are particularly strong.

Cheers,

The Digital Pocket Crew

How to Submit: http://www.ikatun.com/digitalpocketgallery/submit.htm

The digital pocket gallery effort began in March 2002.

The digital pocket gallery was inspired by the real-life Pocket Gallery
at 536 gallery in Vancouver, Canada.

Pockets contain miniature biographies and testaments to our lives and
forgotten stories. The crumpled train ticket speaks of journeys taken,
the handful of confetti in your 'best' jacket of a wedding years before
or the telephone number on the back of a matchbook given by a someone
who's name and face is long forgotten. Files and folders are the
'digital pockets' of the internet artist. The hard-drive is an
autobiography in coded form. Dreams, ideas and waste lie hidden in these
cryptically labelled pockets that have become the maps and landscapes of
our
virtual lives.