text for love (microphone text, 1991)

valentina culpa valentina at invisible.gq.nu
Tue May 28 19:55:16 CEST 2002

Text for Love (1991)

| agapo                                            |       soi d'ego levkas
epi                            |                  videre

| lubit                                            |       kamleipso toi
|                                                  |       bomon aigos
and I said              |     gia ekeina oi pones u oraia
|   VIENDOME EN LOS ESPEJOS con
|           aimer                                  |
I shall burn            |     na akouw i kardia mou,         for that pain
of beauty         |   un gusto a semanas, a biografos,
|           cherir                                 |
the fat thigh bone of   |        ego klepso                  I listen to my
heart, I cry     |   a papelas, arranco de mi corazon
|           adorer                                 |
a white she-goat        |     oi ores mas autoi einai        the tears of
hours:             |   al capitan del infierno,//
on her altar            |      ta laxres mou,                for ourselves,
for themselves   |    establezo clausulas indefinidamente tristes
|           lieben                                 |
|      sta zoes mas gia autoi              for love.                 |
|           mogen                                  |
|       s agapo                                                      |
seeing myself in mirrors
|           liebhaben                              |
to melima tomo      |                    tangere
|                 with a taste of weeks, biographers,
|           amare                                  |     (o my arms entwine
os fusin i Samfos   |
|                 papers, I tear from my heart
|           querer                                 |
periti xsomai        |                              then autoi borene
|   AMAR          the captain of hell ... I establish
|           amar,                                  |
|      they do not              na kanene,                           |
clasues indefinably sad.
|      lose themselves:        avtia ta kimes                        |
|           gradh                                  |
|     these the waves           na hypologizene                      |
PREGUNTANDOME CUANDO VOLVEREMOS A VERNOS, MI NINA
- asking myself when we will see each other again
|                TRITOS                                              |
|                                                  |      SECUNDUS
QUATROS
|       PRIMUS                                     |
|           I shall show you yourself                                |
|                                                                    |    (
i n f e r n )       non odi tu la pieta del
|                                                  |         and drew him
down upon the soft               |   As mou na tou apodeiknio dikos tou
|                              suo pianto
|             not love me                          |         couch. And body
quickly warmed                |   As mou na tou dino dikos tou
|  dost thou not hear him weep in misery
|             love me                              |         to body, and
faces burned hotter than         |
|                           non vedi tu la morte che
|             love me not                          |         before, and
sweetly we whispered              |                recordare
|                                 il combatte
|    the present of love       algesidoron ton erota                 |  dost
thou not see how he is combatted
|                                                  |   the consummation of
their liaison                   |
|                          su la fiumana, ove il mar
non ha vanto
|      creeping thing                  orpeton                       |   by
death upon a flood as wild as the sea
malakon eklin epi lektron           |     Love's sickness yet again
Eros daute me                  |
|                        my mother                 |     kai taxi hros epi
hroti pepaineto, kai ta prosopa |      my limbs doth wring
Lucimelis donei                |        Tiemme !  Tiemme !     Hold fast !
|                        my father                 |     thermoter is i
prosthe, kai epsithirisdomes athi  |     that bittersweet restless
glikopikron ama havon           |
|                                                                    |   e
ciascuna         (and graced ...
|               MY                                 |
|    Iminaon     wedding song                                        |
Eheu quam Marathus lento me torquet amore
|                                                                    |   in
matine venuta
|           on the hillside    first               |
|                                                                    |   ad
annes sic flora
|           like the dawn's sky                    |
|                                                                    |   sic
amore
|===========================================================================
|         SHE MET HIM                              |
o Madchen Madchen       |

|         THEY MARRIED                             |         sweetheart
wie lieb ich dich        |       the man began to cry
|             OCTAVOS
|       HE/SHE MET HIM/HER                         |       how i love you
wie blinkt dein Auge      |                        Je t'adorai toujours

|          HE LOVED HER/HIM                        |       how your eyes
shine    wie liebst du mich       |             bithidh gradth agam ort-sa
|   across        you            then
|          SHE LOVED HIM/HER                       |       how you love me
|        SHE/HE LOVED HER/HIM                      |
|                                                                    |   all
this blood           to
|                                                  |                 es
dringen und tausend Strimmen       |              SEPTIMOS

|     CINQUS                                       |                    - a
thousand voices press forth    |
|   I      this
|    Innecessario                                                    |
the voul, the arch. the archivoul
|         SHE MET HIM THEN                         |
the Pnix, the pnax, the now,
|         THEN SHE MET HIM                         |
HEXENOS                              |      L a d i e s   &   G e n t l e m
e n                           |                      the picnic on the
mount, the
light, the sight, ... the did
|       All love was given                         |         Liebe und
Liebesweh    love and love's woe    |        EVERY
|           the will   the do, the do did will
|       All days are children                      |
|                    pour moi adorer, donner                         |
the tell, the cause, the soul,
|       All places ar love                         | doch nimmer vergeht die
Liebe                         |                   mon ame tous mes jours
|                      the plate, the state, the
|                                                  |    Die ich im Herzen
hab    (but never will the love  |                    je veux pour te voire
|                      place, rule, the spoke, the spoken
|                      he loves darkness           |
(in my heart perish       |                    je veux toi te coucher

|                      she loves the morning star  |
|                    et moi loins des autres                         |
|                      he loves the morning star   |      alla dev tha i
erota                             |                    me dons ta visage
|    Thus far:            please          the house
|                                                  |      mou tha einai
epigov                             |

|        Love is a man                             |
|        MI PRESTI LA TUA FACCIA                                     |
his/her             the room            white
|        Love is a Woman                           |
|        GEBE MICH DINE ANGESICHT                                    |
|                                                  |         AUF DIESEM
FELSEN BAUEN WIR                   |
|    the concert          the street        black
|     And love is a tyrant                         |         upon this rock
we build                       |
|      room
|     And Love is the tick of a clock              |
|     Love is the church bell tower                |         mit tausend
Strimmen spricht er               |            in this language
|   1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9   fuga per canonem     red
|                                                  |         speaks with a
thousand voices                 |

|                   love is a raging star          |
|     amore amour agapi lubit amor                                   |
virgin               j                 blue
|         It is morning                            |               SHADOW
KISSES                           |

|         It is the morning            proi        |
|         Il est matin                             |     Shema
hear                              |
|     Trinacris           m  b              white
|         It is the star                           |
|              je voulais demontrer                                  |
|                                                  |       light
Me'ora                           |              ego thelo na apotheiknio

|                 And your voice would call (me)   |
mothers            father           green
|            - goddess/this unholy/holy/devil/man/ |         Sefira
10                              |

|               sinner/saint                       |
deasy           propertius          orange
|         I would like to ...                                        |
|            this call of words                    |
|                                                                    |   the
tutor       I want to say            -
|                mi presti la tua cora             |
|                                 toute            |
mayflower
|         I will wait ...                                            |
elderberry           (
|              cet appele des mots                 |
cyprus
|              avtos to kallo ta lexis             |
this calypso
|          AND THE LOVERS' CARD IS PLAYED          |
|          and the children play                   |
|          AND EVERYTHING IS SAID                  |
|            and they love                         |