[syndicate] cross

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Mon Mar 25 00:41:10 CET 2002

At 19:03 24.03.02 +0100, Arie van Schuttterhoef wrote:
> >>krosz talk
> >deutsches Dilemma ?
> >
> >Würden wir heute schrei[b]en gegen Amerika,
> >so müßten wir unsere Schuld von gestern gestehen.
> >Lieber nennen wir die Amerikaner "Befreier des Volkes".
>-Think this is not just a 'deutsches Dilemma';
>  every (ex-) colonial power is a bit 'smelly'
>  morally speaking.

hm .. it's not only this ...
it's quite interesting. The term "Befreier des (deutschen) Volkes" was used
after WW 2
meant
Americans = those who freed German people

surprise ?

( hm .. never read a story about Hitler actually supported by
extra-terrestrials
but it must have been something like this )

similar terms are used today referring to the bombing on Afghanistan,
the fight against terror.
it's still on the same line somehow. possibly still the escape from WW 2
involvement.
(unfortunately, I guess, here this plays quite a big role)