[syndicate] [ot] [!nt] \n2+0\ 0 + 1 9 7 8

Michael Watson mikejw at cruzio.com
Fri Mar 15 00:43:03 CET 2002

>Nor consciousness mine is.
>I make a gift of it to you.

you've got to give it away to keep it

>There are 3 mysteries.
>
>awareness.
>self.
>stories.

my self (little s) is an invention. many of the stories are lies. oh, why,
did you invent me with self-hatred? my awareness is eternal. the divinity in
me sees the divinity in you and we say hello and smile over a nice cup of
coffee.

>Despite popular opinion (in _our modern epok the polizei must take into
>konsideratie the distrakzie ov the populazie) mysteries can be approached:
>
>gently.
>

>The neural adaptations that have led to love
>are behind the emergence of higher order consciousness [consciousness of
consciousness]

there a techniques for severing the higher order consciousness. the
collective unconscious is not so easily left behind.

>At times (e.g. moments of intense crisis) it may even lead to
>temporary escape from the temporal shackles of the remembered present
>[whilst remaining conscious
>

>It is a paradox that as conscious beings we cannot fully rid our selves
>of higher order consciousness, leaving only the event-driven rush of primary
>consciousness.

sometimes called madness

>This is the state mystics aim toward.
>

>               `I am now the circulation of meaning, of the eternal
possibility,
>                communication as a being.
>
>                Don't give me a name, I'll disappear,
>                a child, an idiot, a madman,
>                a name without a name closed in my world.
>                I want to be free to wish, to wish to disappear,
>                in a pulsation, blended with you,
>                my heavenly lover.
>                You change my self into
>                pure energy, into a fluid, a rush, a pulsation of love.
>                Without fences, without name, without meaning.
>                only the lively movement of a double being`

in a dream i drove off a cliff and on the way down my life flashed before my
eyes. i was happy to die.

>`it is a misery to stretch an empty hand and receive nothing
>but it is hopelessness if i stretch an empty hand + find none
>to receive`

michaelangelo painted a mans hand reaching towards the hand of god. he did
not paint them touching.

>i imagine that every historian is similarly

history is written by the victors. our personal history is written by the
victorious personality.

>if it is so difficult to relate connectedly a number of events
>which have really taken place and have been attested, it is in my case
>much more difficult, for everything becomes questionable as soon
>as i consider it closely, everything slips away and dissolves,
>just as our community, the strongest in the world, has been able
>to dissolve.

heisenberg -- you cannot observe something without changing what is observed

>there is no unit, no center, no point around which the wheel revolves.

the hurricane has an eye. endeavour to observe from there.

>my self, this mirror

mysterious consciousness on the net reflect us back in new ways

>substance from one image would flow into the other and only one would
remain: leo.
>he must grow, i must disappear.

to change ourselves we must stand in a new spot. give me a place to stand
and i will move the world - archimedes

>of poetry being more vivid and real than the poets themselves.

yes, nn, i am sure the real you is quite ordinary because you have told me so

>the candles burned low and went out.
>i was overcome by an infinite weariness and desire to sleep,
>and i turned away to find a place
>
>where i could lie down and sleep.

i am asleep now

>`listening is a magnetik + strange thing, a kreative force.
>the friends who listen to us are the ones we move toward,
>and we want to sit in their radius. when we are listened to,
>it creates us, makes us unfold + expand`

scene from "Mulholland Dr" by director david lynch. a film director and a
cowboy are in an empty horse corral late at night standing under a bright bulb.
Cowboy: now, i want you to listen
Film Director: i'm listening
pause
Cowboy: no, i want you to really listen
Film Director: yes, i'm listening
pause
Cowboy: no, you're too busy being a smart-alek to listen

michael