[syndicate] Re: Yes, but is it art?

Michael Watson mikejw at cruzio.com
Mon Mar 11 19:28:45 CET 2002

yes, it was intended for the list. i am enjoying this list very much. i come
from a world where rational linear thinking is valued above all else so i am
having trouble understanding some of the language here. i was initially
frustrated by the tendency to make up words but now i see it as speaking in
kind of a poetry. some of the ideas expressed take my breath away.

i went to see laurie anderson last night and was very moved. my only
suggestion to her would be that if she is going to do a monolouge then she
should experiment with breaking out of her flat sing-song delivery. she
alluded to this when she commented that some personality constucts do not
allow screaming, they are too narrowly defined. i wish she had screamed. i
wish i could scream.

michael