[syndicate] [Fwd: Your message has been rejected.]

Evan Karlan Evank at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 10 21:16:17 CET 2002

Peter--really interesting, especially re the whole white cube thing
discussed earlier....and the mez stuff too

> >"By removing the skulls, we want to end the fear visitors have while
> visiting the museum."

What's wrong with fear in a museum--i want more fear and less static! Are
historical ARTifacts under the same rules tho?

> >Youk Chhang, director of the Documentation Center of Cambodia, which has
> been gathering evidence of Khmer Rouge atrocities for eight years, said he
> >supported the removal of the skull map, which he viewed as sensational
>>"propaganda."
>
> >"Propaganda doesn't serve the truth," Youk Chhang said at Tuol Sleng.
> >"Cambodians and foreigners should be educated about the tragic past but
> >publicity like this is not necessary. Scientific explanation does more
> to help people understand."

?????
is self-censorship better or worse than the plain old kind?

my .02
Evan (i'm new here, so be nice, or not)