[syndicate] Re: Yes, but is it art?

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Sun Mar 10 01:55:34 CET 2002

hi you all,

>>I do not get the point of what you do anymore.
>
>this is a shame, f....

well .. it is political incorrect ( on this list ? )

)

to have to maintain political correctness all the time is a form of
censorship as well

think it's good to have this discussion, especially as the attack comes
quite surprising from frederic's side

>>Particularily this announcement that has been cross posted all over the
>>place is a bit too much to take, I find.
>
>f, the cross-posting is ][more than][ necessary.......

as this is related to Fibreculture, I would agree
)
it is, as far as I am informed, one of the lovely projects of G. Lovink to
spread moderated mailing lists on the world, which also spread his opinion
on media art .. this aside ..

there was at least one sentence which I found quite revealing
about staying in 'theatre' places

actually frederic ? what are you up to ?
some suspect on my side

do you think being unsubscribed has become a fashion for 'radical' artists ?
hm ... because it's happening more and more often actually ...
could also be a fashion in the curator world. to put art more and more into
defined places. no ?

you experienced the same mess on other lists. Curators inviting artists and
then complaining about that they act like artists.

>again, a shame......if all u c here is self-pro.motional activity, then so
>b it...........this is far from the truth from my end, but i guess it
>doesn't matter about n.tention anymore...u'll c wot u c.......the fact
>that u c the act of deletion & x.tended x.posure as negative says it
>all........

a provocation ?

>>why would anyone care about being labeled art on the internet ?

oops, I guess, here we are at the point what this discussion is really about

to play in the theatre ?
curators are interested in the art label ? aren't they ?

now, there is this White Cube subject again.
is it good to play in the White Cube ?
necessary ?

>n.deed, f. y n.deed.
>
>cr][h][ushed,